Click on any picture to enlarge
The Reform Club was completed in 1841 to the design of Sir Charles Barry famous, today, as the architect for the re-building of the Palace of Westminster.
The building is typical of Victorian construction with timber floors supported by an arrangement of cast iron beams.
The main architectural feature of the building is the square Atrium, which rises to the full height of the building beneath a crystal glazed dome.
The Atrium is supported by a series of brick arches with cast iron beams at the springing points.
RWA London was commissioned to assess and advise on the loadbearing capacity of the suspended floors for a promotional event.